[Zope-dev] Streaming large files

Thilo Staebler staebler at virtualfx.de
Thu Jul 8 13:07:18 EDT 2004

hi!
I have to stream large mpeg-files over http with range support. this
works quite nice until the client seeks in the (media)player and the
files aren't tooooo large, because zope caches the whole file...
...so each seek means streaming the whole file from the requested
position till end *g*
-> my RESPONSE object doesn't even know, that the player has seeked e.g.
back to the beginning...
is there a way to bypass the zope caching? and how do I know if the
player has disconnected, so I can stop streaming?

thanks in advance
thilo