[Zope-dev] Use Z SQL methon in projects

Chris Withers lists at simplistix.co.uk
Mon Mar 29 11:01:33 EST 2004

R33t wrote:

> I'm quite new to zope and I have to develop a Newsletter system as a
> project for my university.

Then head over to zope at Zope.org, this list is for development OF, not WITH Zope...

> All works pretty good so far, I'm using ZPT with embedded Z SQL methods
> to create my page dynamically....the code looks like this:

Learn to use ZODB, it rocks ;-)

> I did all the things so far inside the Zope ZMI to see how things work
> together, but now I'd like to create a "real" project and I already got
> most of the things working, like calling the page templates from within
> python.

An app like yours probabyl doesn't need a file system product. A collection of
ZSQl methods, Python Scripts and ZPT in a folder should do just fine :-)

> The problem I have now is that I don't know how to manage to
> export my Z SQL method getNewsletters to my product folder and register
> it to Zope from within python when my product gets installed,

CMF has FSZSQLMethods for this,  Idon't think you really want to go there...

cheers,

Chris

            - http://www.simplistix.co.uk