[Zope-dev] Re: [ZODB-Dev] Re: BTrees strangeness (was Zope 2.X BIG Session problems - blocker - our site dies - need help of experience Zope developer, please)

Chris McDonough chrism at plope.com
Tue May 18 04:18:16 EDT 2004

On Mon, 2004-05-17 at 23:08, Chris McDonough wrote:
> There indeed is a minor off-by-one error: it manifests itself as
> sessions timing out at most 20 seconds early.
>
> But there is also a deeper issue which involves the fact that a session
> data object is not properly removed from an older bucket when it "moves"
> due to being accessed in a later timeslice; the symptom only appears
> when a browser id is "reused" to start a session after it was used to
> start an older one that had timed out normally.  I've got almost no clue
> why this happens at this point, but I'm working on it.  Ugh.  This is
> almost certainly what Steve is experiencing.

I take that back.  Actually, I think I was just reading the test results
and debug output wrong.  It appears to be operating normally except for
the off-by-one problem (which is minor).  I need to jack up the tests to
do some comparisons of data values; currently I'm just testing to ensure
that *something* is in the session.. I need to test if the "right" thing
is in the session over time.

- C