[Zope-dev] Zope threads on 2.7.0, python 2.3.3

Dario Lopez-Kästen dario at ita.chalmers.se
Wed May 26 03:27:14 EDT 2004

Heimo Laukkanen wrote:

> On Wed, 26 May 2004 08:44:44 +0200, Dario Lopez-Kästen
> <dario at ita.chalmers.se> wrote:

> Ok. In our case we use very simple queries, but this stupid code
> generates  a lot of those. One thing to do is to throw away stupidity
> and Archetypes  tsorage layer that is an bad idea - and put object to
> flush and read it's  data from the oracle only when actually necessary.

I agree. We cannot do it however, because ost of my code is mostly TTW,
so w have no custom obejcts. However, this is a good strategy in gerenal
- do not read from external soruces unless it is necessary...

>> Chris withers has done some work in improving DCOracle2's connections
>> and general bug-fixning. If you haven't used it, grab the latest
>> DCOracle2 from cvs - it is much better.
>

> We did take it from CVS. Has there been much work on lately?

not that I am aware of. (I haven't checked :)
>>> Have you tried cx_Oracle?
>>>
>> No I was not aware that they had a Zope adaptor.
>

> Well Dieter and others suggested that it should be doable to to write
> adaptor based on any python db api compliant adaptor - either using
> DCOracle, psycopg or similar as base. However since I've never done
> that  kind of work before I am reluctant to take the step and be bitten,
> hence  the question if you have had more courage.

No, sorry. For me, this too is beyond what I can do at the moment,
mostly due to time constraints. Hiopefully this will chagne as more
people become invlved with Zope at my work...

/dario