[Zope-dev] Python2.4 and Zope 2.7

Andreas Jung lists at andreas-jung.com
Sun Oct 17 13:09:39 EDT 2004

--On Sonntag, 17. Oktober 2004 17:54 Uhr +0100 Matt Hamilton
<matth at netsight.co.uk> wrote:

> Andreas Jung wrote:
>
>> Python 2.4 is still in alpha stage and there are no plans to support
>> Python 2.4 in the short term.
>
> Is this just a 'its not a good idea as it's not been tested'? or is it 'I
> know it won't work, because X,Y and Z have changed, which means we need
> to refactor Zope'?

The point is that it has not been tested....just a question of time and
resources. We
can talk about this issue when Python 2.4 comes near to a final release but
I don't
see the major benefits of Python 2.4 over 2.3.4 except some improvements in
speed.

Andreas