[Zope-dev] Re: Please vote about conflict errors logging

Florent Guillaume fg at nuxeo.com
Fri Dec 9 09:45:18 EST 2005

Ok after a week the consensus is pretty much in favor of
1. INFO
2. no traceback
3. ERROR

So here's what I'll do:

1. There's enough votes for BLATHER that I'll add zope.conf option to change
the level, but it will default to INFO.

2. No traceback will be logged anymore. Note that you'll still have the
traceback from point 3.

3. Here maybe things were unclear. Everybody agrees that the error should
happen at ERROR level, but I must point out again that no explicit logging
is needed because it is already done if you configure error_log to copy
exceptions to the event.log.

So I propose another little change: have the error_log copy to event.log be
the default behaviour. Today the default is off.

Florent

+33 1 40 33 71 59   http://nuxeo.com   fg at nuxeo.com