[Zope-dev] Re: [Z3lab] Zope Corporation's Initial Reaction on the ZF Comments

piero.goletto at tin.it piero.goletto at tin.it
Mon Jun 20 07:16:34 EDT 2005

Hi everybody,

Martin Faassen wrote:

>* I'm very happy a foundation has been announced.

Me too, and I am grateful to Zope Corp. for that.

>* We all agree that the Foundation should be about more than just
>vendors [...] We have extremely significant contributors in the community
[...]

It makes sense to have also _users_ (people who use Zope but who doesn't

contribute any code to the code base): we need help from the users to meet
their needs.

In my opinion Zope Corp. is company in which many people are very clever.

>* From my perspective as a company co-owner: the Foundation should be
>vendor-friendly.

One of the reason that Zope Foundation exists is to support Zope vendors
and other communities who use Zope as a technological basis (such as
Plone, Nuxeo etc.)

>* It's important for all parties involved to reach clarity about the
>relationship of the Zope Foundation with existing foundations and
>initiatives within the Zope community.

It's also important to define how existing foundations (such as Plone Foundation,
for instance), may cooperate with Zope Foundation.

Regards

Piero Giuseppe Goletto