[Zope-dev] Re: [Zope3-dev] RFC: Reunite Zope 2 and Zope 3 in the source code repository

Chris McDonough chrism at plope.com
Thu Nov 24 09:22:14 EST 2005

On Nov 24, 2005, at 6:42 AM, Stephan Richter wrote:

> On Thursday 24 November 2005 01:39, Chris McDonough wrote:
>> - There doesn't seem to be as much of a commitment in the
>>   Z3 community to backwards compatibility as
>>   there is for Z2.  Notes like Stephan's last one where
>>   he says "I have made deep changes in the past that affect
>>   the entire architecture" as if this may happen again at
>>   any time are pretty scary.
>
> Except that I have provided full backward-compatibility.

That's good!  But maybe you can clarify.  You said in response to
Phillipp's proposal that you needed to make deep changes to Zope 3 in
the past and if the Z2 repository was merged you would be unwilling
to make such contributions again.  The implication seems to be that
being able to change the codebase without regard to its external
dependents is one of your main requirements for Z3 contribution.  Is
that not what you meant?

- C