[Zope-dev] Mountpoints

Jim Fulton jim at zope.com
Tue Oct 18 10:22:06 EDT 2005

I was just reminded (by a zope3-dev question) of mount points.
Zope2 has a mount-point capability that requires baboon patching
of ZODB.  The ZODB that will be used for Zope 2.9 has a multi-database
feature that would allow a much simpler Zope 2 mount implementation that
would not require even monkey patching of ZODB.  It also, I think,
would provide much more robust mounting behavior.  It would be great
if someone would update mounting for Zoep 2.9 to use multi-databases.
I'd be happy to provide advice for such an effort.  Of course, this
would need to be completed before the November 1 feature freeze.

Jim