[Zope-dev] Mountpoints

Tim Peters tim.peters at gmail.com
Fri Oct 28 22:46:31 EDT 2005

[Chris McDonough]
> This merge has been done.

Woo hoo!  Thank you, Chris!

I since stitched in ZODB 3.6.0b2, which is the most recent 3.6
(internal) release.  That didn't seem to create any new problems.

> Since "zopectl test <ProductName>" no longer appears to do the right
> thing

Sorry, never used it, don't know anything about it.

> and I can't seem to get test.py to run anything except the entire
> test suite,

Do

    test.py -h

for help.  The -t option will probably help you.  For example,

"""
$ \python24\python.exe test.py -vv -t test_pop
Running tests at level 1
C:\python24\lib\whrandom.py:38: DeprecationWarning: the whrandom
module is deprecated; please use the random module
  DeprecationWarning)
Running unit tests:
  Running:
    test_pop_default (AccessControl.tests.testZopeGuards.TestDictGuards)
    test_pop_raises (AccessControl.tests.testZopeGuards.TestDictGuards)
    test_pop_simple (AccessControl.tests.testZopeGuards.TestDictGuards)
    test_pop_validates (AccessControl.tests.testZopeGuards.TestDictGuards)
    test_pop_raises (AccessControl.tests.testZopeGuards.TestListGuards)
    test_pop_simple (AccessControl.tests.testZopeGuards.TestListGuards)
    test_pop_validates (AccessControl.tests.testZopeGuards.TestListGuards)
  Ran 7 tests with 0 failures and 0 errors in 0.000 seconds.

$ \python24\python.exe test.py -vv -t pop_val
Running tests at level 1
C:\python24\lib\whrandom.py:38: DeprecationWarning: the whrandom
module is deprecated; please use the random module
  DeprecationWarning)
Running unit tests:
  Running:
    test_pop_validates (AccessControl.tests.testZopeGuards.TestDictGuards)
    test_pop_validates (AccessControl.tests.testZopeGuards.TestListGuards)
  Ran 2 tests with 0 failures and 0 errors in 0.000 seconds.
"""

> I didn't create any new tests because I wouldn't have had
> the time to create tests and run them iteratively.

Sorry to ruin your weekend, then ;-)

> That said, all existing tests pass and I did do some interactive
> stress-testing of the sessioning mount point, both of which made me feel
> comfortable enough to go ahead and do the merge.

The tests appear to be in exactly as good shape on Windows now as they
were before (there are test failures on Windows; opened a Collector
issue about them Thursday), so you have a plausible defense in court.
I won't sue you if you won't sue me ;-)