[Zope-dev] Can't fetch externals???

Paul Winkler pw_lists at slinkp.com
Fri Sep 30 16:03:17 EDT 2005

Update: I *can* fetch the externals from a different box
(my windows laptop, on which i can't successfully build zope
because cygwin's python is known-broken and I don't have a C
compiler other than cygwin's.)

But when I ssh to a linux box (on which building works fine),
I get the problem described in my first post.  REALLY weird and annoying.

Tino W. hopped into #zope-dev and helped for a bit but we didn't
find a solution.

One thing Tino suggested: it might be a firewall issue.
Does svn's externals-fetching look somehow different to a firewall
than does a regular (non-external) checkout?
When I tried checking out on my laptop, I noticed that ZoneAlarm asked 'me
if I wanted to allow svn.exe to use the internet at exactly the moment
that it was time to fetch the externals.  Weird - doesn't it still
use ssh?  What's different?

-PW

--
Paul Winkler