[Zope-dev] Can't fetch externals???

Fred Drake fdrake at gmail.com
Fri Sep 30 16:09:09 EDT 2005

On 9/30/05, Paul Winkler <pw_lists at slinkp.com> wrote:
> One thing Tino suggested: it might be a firewall issue.
> Does svn's externals-fetching look somehow different to a firewall
> than does a regular (non-external) checkout?
> When I tried checking out on my laptop, I noticed that ZoneAlarm asked 'me
> if I wanted to allow svn.exe to use the internet at exactly the moment
> that it was time to fetch the externals.  Weird - doesn't it still
> use ssh?  What's different?

Tino's on the right track; the externals do NOT use ssh; they use an
unauthenticated connection and cannot be used to commit changes (by
intent).

So it could be a firewall issue; some different port needs to be
opened.  The Subversion documentation should tell you what's needed.

  -Fred

Zope Corporation