[Zope-dev] Inhibit URL-traversal

Dario Lopez-Kästen dario at ita.chalmers.se
Fri Feb 10 04:56:43 EST 2006

Greetings,

for a product I am writing, i need to experiment with inhibiting
URL-traversal to the methods and subobjects of it. I still wnat the
methods and objects to be available via direct call, for instance:

from a script or template:
container.my_product_instance.some_method(...)

but not

http://some/url/my_product_instance/some_method?...

In effect I am hiding that part of the zodb for external access-

Also, can such a behaviour be imposed on templates (they being methods
really) and Script(Python)s?

Thanks,

/dario

Lyrics applied to programming & application design:
"emancipate yourself from mental slavery" - redemption song, b. marley