[Zope-dev] Re: Zope 2.9.4

Andreas Jung lists at zopyx.com
Sat Jul 15 15:30:37 EDT 2006

--On 15. Juli 2006 15:21:20 -0400 Tim Peters <tim.peters at gmail.com> wrote:

> The things people complain about sometimes astonish me -- just as the
> things I complain about sometimes astonish others :-)
>
> I used tags for ZODB until I gave in to complaints about that, and
> switched to using revision numbers.  The real complaint about using a
> tagged external is that when the tag changes, SVN isn't smart enough
> to do an incremental update.  Instead, when you update after an
> external tag changes:

What do you mean with "when the tag changes"? A tag IMO should *never*
change. I know that even CVS allows you to modify tagged files however
I consider this a misuse of the concept "tag". A tag in my understanding is
identical with the state for a sequence of files and dirs for a given
timestamp where the timestamp should never change.

-aj