[Zope-dev] Re: Time-based releases a good idea?

Lennart Regebro regebro at gmail.com
Wed Jun 14 13:09:19 EDT 2006

On 6/14/06, Chris McDonough <chrism at plope.com> wrote:
> There are problems with the deprecation period, but only for
> __ac_permissions__ and meta_types assuming we choose not to deprecate
> 'methods'.

The problem in this case being that we didn't use to issue deprecation
warnings. ;)

In any case, I personally don't care if it's removed in 2.10 or 2.11.

> But since we decided (in another offshoot of this thread) that it
> only makes sense to deprecate things in .0 releases, what *should*
> happen is that we should forget about all of this and add "will
> disappear in 2.12" to what will become 2.10.0.

I don't understand that logic. Zope 2.9.0 issued deprecation warnings
for these. Why should we not remove it in 2.11.0? That is two major
versions later.