[Zope-dev] Re: Wishlist Item

Tino Wildenhain tino at wildenhain.de
Sun Mar 26 08:59:10 EST 2006

Chris Withers wrote:
> Andreas Jung wrote:
>>
>> CMF or not - if one need such a functionality one can download CMF or
>> a related product. If such functionality should belong into the core
>> than it should be implemented in a reusable way and frameworks like
>> CMF should be build on top of it. So -1 for the request.
>
> Indeed, I'm -1 on FileSystemSite, but it'd be _great_ to see the
> DirectoryView stuff move from the CMF into the core.
>
> That way we'd stop having several different implementations that newbies
> are forced to pick from.

Maybe its just me but I personally dont like direct filesystem
access in the core - if someone wants it, (s)he can pick from
the 3rd party products - maybe there can be a list of recommended
(active maintained) products? Direct access products should also
carry some easily understandable warnings.

Regards
Tino