[Zope-dev] Re: Wishlist Item

Chris Withers chris at simplistix.co.uk
Mon Mar 27 13:58:43 EST 2006

Tres Seaver wrote:
> I don't get what you mean:  FilesystemSite *is* a separate packaging of
> the DirectoryView /FS{DTMLMethod/PythonScript/PageTemplate/SQLMethod}
> stuff, without any CMF dependencies.

Yes, exactly, there are several of them. Usually forked off from CMF's
DirectoryView at some point and none of which with the bugfixes that
DirectoryView has since enjoyed.

Rather than having several people struggling to support forked code
bases, I'm advocating refactoring DirectoryView from CMF into the Zope
Core, then CMF can use that and everyone else has the benefit of
DirectoryView-without-CMF without trying to decide which forked package
to use or whether to just swallow the whole of CMF...

cheers,

Chris

            - http://www.simplistix.co.uk