[Zope-dev] Re: Killer App for ZClasses

Philipp von Weitershausen philipp at weitershausen.de
Thu Apr 19 07:00:45 EDT 2007

On 19 Apr 2007, at 08:25 , Christopher Lozinski wrote:
> The problem with upgrading ZClasses is that it would break the zope
> security models, and the Zope Product Model.

That depends on what you by "upgrading ZClasses". To make them
continue to work, simpler changes will probably suffice.

It seems, though, that you want to create this next generation of
ZClasses that has a simpler security model, form generation built-in
etc. So that would be a rewrite as you've already mentioned. But I
don't think it's worth all that work. Writing filessytem code can be
just as agile. That's of course just one man's opinion.