[Zope-dev] Re: Zope 2.11.0b1 plans

Andreas Jung lists at zopyx.com
Fri Jul 6 03:59:23 EDT 2007

--On 6. Juli 2007 01:48:11 +0200 Philipp von Weitershausen
<philipp at weitershausen.de> wrote:

> Andreas Jung wrote:
>> now that Zope 3.4.0b1 has been tagged, I plan to release Zope 2.11.0b1
>> by mid-July. Objections?
>
> Like Chris, I'd rather have one or two alphas first. Why not make an
> alpha mid-July and perhaps a beta at the end of July?

Well, since we don't want to create a release-branch before the first beta
you can of course commit your changes to the current trunk which will
become
the first beta. Or tagging the current trunk as a1 and creating the tarball
isn't the problem. However I am convinced that all developer can/do work
with SVN checkouts and don't depend on tarballs. But if you like a
dedicated alpha we can go this way. But it looks as if you want more time
to commit
changes for the 2.11 release? So if you want an extended period for commit
changes and some new feature I am also fine with starting the betas later.
We're not slaves of release schedule. So if you tell me that you need time
(say until the begin or middle of August) for finishing your coding ..no
problem.

Andreas