[Zope-dev] Re: State of 'Zope211-3.4-integration' branch

Andreas Zeidler az at zitc.de
Thu Jun 28 11:03:46 EDT 2007

On Jun 25, 2007, at 10:05 AM, Philipp von Weitershausen wrote:

>>> That change needs backporting, I think, to the ZODB 3.6 line (for
>>> 2.9)
>>> and 3.7 line (for 2.10).
>>
>> true, but i think philipp was only asking about 2.11 for the time
>> being.  i agree the fix should be backported, though.  i'd even
>> volunteer to do it, if nobody else wants to... :)
>
> That would be great, especially since we're on the verge of new
> maintenance releases for 2.9 and 2.10.

i did the backporting of jim's fix[1] to the 3.6 and 3.7 branches of
zodb this morning and created two branches[2,3] of zope 2.9 and 2.10
with no further changes except the updated externals (pointing at the
zodb branches, of course).  all tests are passing, that is for the
zodb branches as well as for both zope branches, and especially for
zclasses, run individually and together with all other tests.

so i reckon the fix could go into the next releases of 2.9 and 2.10,
provided they are using new releases of zodb 3.6 and 3.7 in turn.
plenty of work for andreas, i guess... :)

ah, one note:  just make sure you don't check out the below branches
[2,3] under their original name.  a regex bug in zope.configuration
will give you failures caused by wrong include paths when the path of
the checkout contains the string "tests"...

cheers,

andi

[1] http://svn.zope.org/?rev=76408&view=rev
[2] svn://svn.zope.org/repos/main/Zope/branches/witsch-2.9-with-
passing-zclasses-tests
[3] svn://svn.zope.org/repos/main/Zope/branches/witsch-2.10-with-
passing-zclasses-tests

zeidler it consulting - http://zitc.de/ - info at zitc.de
sprint with us! - http://plone.org/events/sprints/potsdam-sprint-2007