[Zope-dev] Re: [Zope3-dev] Google Summer of Code

Philipp von Weitershausen philipp at weitershausen.de
Wed Mar 7 19:52:24 EST 2007

On 7 Mar 2007, at 12:24 , Lennart Regebro wrote:
> On 3/5/07, Philipp von Weitershausen <philipp at weitershausen.de> wrote:
>> a) mentors.
>>
>>     It'd be great if some of the Zope core committers would
>> volunteer to
>>     mentor a student. This doesn't mean you will definitely end up
>>     mentoring one, just show your willingness.
>
> Yeah, I could do that.

Great. Please add yourself with your Google account to http://
wiki.zope.org/zope3/SummerOfCode2007.

>> b) project suggestions.
>
> I'm sure I can come up with several. Finishing the twisted integration
> in Zope2, for example. It only does http yet we need ftp too, and
> maybe more.

Very good idea! Actually, this sort of goes along with the WSGI idea:
making WSGI a first-class citizen in Zope 2. Feel free to either
amend Sidnei's and my original suggestion or create a new one at
http://wiki.zope.org/zope3/SummerOfCode2007.

Philipp