[Zope-dev] Escaping special characters in ZCTextIndex.QueryParser?

Robert Casties casties at mpiwg-berlin.mpg.de
Sun Nov 25 13:32:04 EST 2007

Hi,

is it possible to escape parentheses in ZCTextIndex searches?

If not, why not and how can I do a simple search in an index bypassing
the QueryParser?

I have an index where words can contain parentheses and I am unable to
enter a query for these words because the QueryParser interprets all
parentheses as search expression groupings.

Enclosing the words with double quotes has not helped, neither have
backslashes...

Is there a way other than having to write a new ZCTextIndex?

Thanks for any insight

	Robert