[Zope-dev] Escaping special characters in ZCTextIndex.QueryParser?

Dieter Maurer dieter at handshake.de
Mon Nov 26 14:32:55 EST 2007

Robert Casties wrote at 2007-11-25 19:32 +0100:
>is it possible to escape parentheses in ZCTextIndex searches?
>
>If not, why not and how can I do a simple search in an index bypassing
>the QueryParser?

I fear nobody of us knows this.

Therefore, you must yourself look at the sources.

If you need this feature and "ZCTextIndex" does not provide
it, then you may use a different text index.
I know that with "TextIndexNG3" you can select different
parsers (among others a parser that does not interpret '(' and ')')
or provide your own one.

>I have an index where words can contain parentheses and I am unable to
>enter a query for these words because the QueryParser interprets all
>parentheses as search expression groupings.

Then, you will need to change the lexicon as well.
Usually, the lexicon breaks words at non alnum characters
(with a few exeptions).
Again, when I remember right, "TextIndexNG3" allows you
to specify additional "word characters" (which do not lead to
word braking).

--
Dieter