[Zope-dev] Options replacing DateTime with datetime!?

Lennart Regebro regebro at gmail.com
Fri Sep 14 07:12:25 EDT 2007

On 8/25/07, Andreas Jung <lists at zopyx.com> wrote:
> Before digging deeper I would like to hear some opinions if this seems a
> reasonable approach? Unlikely that we can achieve 100% backward
> compatibility but possibly 99%....thoughts...comments?

Yeah, I had that idea as well, and also tried it and also got stuck on
timezones. :-)
I used dateutil, though, and one of the main problems with that is
that it calculates what timezone you are in when you load the module,
which basically makes timezone testing impossible. pytz may be a
better choice.

Unfortunately, I then deleted the directory I did the work in by
mistake, and I haven't had the energy to try again later. :-)

But yes, I think it's doable, and more, I think it's a good idea.
DateTime is too cruddy and hard to maintain, and most likely still
full of bugs.

http://www.colliberty.com/
+33 661 58 14 64