[Zope-dev] Options replacing DateTime with datetime!?

Sidnei da Silva sidnei at enfoldsystems.com
Fri Sep 14 08:48:14 EDT 2007

> On 8/25/07, Andreas Jung <lists at zopyx.com> wrote:
>> Before digging deeper I would like to hear some opinions if this seems a
>> reasonable approach? Unlikely that we can achieve 100% backward
>> compatibility but possibly 99%....thoughts...comments?
>
> Yeah, I had that idea as well, and also tried it and also got stuck on
> timezones. :-)
> I used dateutil, though, and one of the main problems with that is
> that it calculates what timezone you are in when you load the module,
> which basically makes timezone testing impossible. pytz may be a
> better choice.

Uhm, I am not quite sure that is the case. What exactly is the problem?
Creating a 'datetime' without timezone information? Why the timezone you are
in matters for testing? If you could explain what the problem is, we could
ask Gustavo to take a look at the issue. He's very receptive with patches
and bugfixes.

--
Sidnei da Silva
Enfold Systems, Inc.