[Zope-dev] Re: GSoC proposal

Chris Withers chris at simplistix.co.uk
Mon Apr 7 05:57:28 EDT 2008

Tino Wildenhain wrote:
> Btw, it would also be nice to have RestrictedPython outside of Zope
> for example to use in pl/python (postgres pluggable function language)
>
> Of course this smells like another GSoC project...

I don't think RestrictedPython has (m)any dependencies, and it may even
be available as a seperate egg already.

I'd certainly be up for championing making RestrictedPython available as
a seperate project. Has anyone done any work towards this or should I go
ahead and get a project / bug tracker / etc set up at Launchpad?

Also, do we have any clarity on whether or not RestrictedPython works in
Python 2.5? I thought that was the one big nasty that didn't get done in
last years GSoC project...

cheers,

Chris

            - http://www.simplistix.co.uk