[Zope-dev] Re: GSoC proposal

Malthe Borch mborch at gmail.com
Mon Apr 7 06:08:04 EDT 2008

On 07/04/2008, Chris Withers <chris at simplistix.co.uk> wrote:
>  I'd certainly be up for championing making RestrictedPython available as a
> seperate project. Has anyone done any work towards this or should I go ahead
> and get a project / bug tracker / etc set up at Launchpad?

RestrictedPython depends only on zope.testing.

>  Also, do we have any clarity on whether or not RestrictedPython works in
> Python 2.5? I thought that was the one big nasty that didn't get done in
> last years GSoC project...

valga:~/co/RestrictedPython mborch$ python2.5 bootstrap.py
Downloading http://pypi.python.org/packages/2.5/s/setuptools/setuptools-0.6c8-py2.5.egg
Creating directory '/Users/mborch/co/RestrictedPython/bin'.
Creating directory '/Users/mborch/co/RestrictedPython/parts'.
Creating directory '/Users/mborch/co/RestrictedPython/develop-eggs'.
Generated script '/Users/mborch/co/RestrictedPython/bin/buildout'.
valga:~/co/RestrictedPython mborch$ bin/buildout
Develop: '/Users/mborch/co/RestrictedPython/.'
Unused options for buildout: 'download-directory'.
Installing interpreter.
Generated interpreter '/Users/mborch/co/RestrictedPython/bin/python'.
Installing test.
Generated script '/Users/mborch/co/RestrictedPython/bin/test'.
valga:~/co/RestrictedPython mborch$ bin/test
Running unit tests:
  Ran 42 tests with 0 failures and 0 errors in 0.412 seconds.
valga:~/co/RestrictedPython mborch$

\malthe