[Zope-dev] z3c.form 2.0 release

Hermann Himmelbauer dusty at qwer.tk
Wed Dec 10 08:21:37 EST 2008

Am Mittwoch 10 Dezember 2008 13:02:02 schrieb Roger Ineichen:
> Hi Herman
>
> > Betreff: Re: [Zope-dev] z3c.form 2.0 release
> >
> > Am Dienstag 09 Dezember 2008 16:24:41 schrieb Roger Ineichen:
> > > Hi Brian

> > issue when

> > z3c.pt as a

> > documentation

> > [1]. z3c.pt

> > point you get

> > solution

> > if there's

> > http://peak.telecommunity.com/DevCenter/setuptools#namespace-package

> > > I agree
> > > A package should never use another package as it's namespace.
> > > Which means a package can not be both a package and namespace for
> > > other packages.
> >
> > Ah, that's interesting. Because I recently released a package
> > called "z3c.iban", which is basically about a schema about
> > the international bank account number.
> >
> > Someone recently suggested to rename it to z3c.schema.iban,
> > which sounds a good idea to me, however, in this case my
> > package would use another package, namely z3c.schema, as namespace.
> >
> > So what's your suggestion in this case?
>
> You should move the iban folder to the existing
> z3c.schema package. But only if the z3c.schema.iban
> doesn''t depend on any other package the z3c.schema
> already does.

Yes, that's exactly the problem - it depends on the "iban" module (a package,
which I also wrote).

> Otherwise you should rename the package to z3c.iban
> or anything you like.
>
> Or we could do it the other way arround. We could
> split the z3c.schema package into different pacakges
> like z3c.schema.iban. This whould be nicer because
> we can share th z3c.schema package as a namespace.

That was what I was thinking about, as I estimate that there will be quite
some packages over time which will rely on other packages and can hence not
go into z3c.schema.

Best Regards,
Hermann

hermann at qwer.tk
GPG key ID: 299893C7 (on keyservers)
FP: 0124 2584 8809 EF2A DBF9  4902 64B4 D16B 2998 93C7