AW: [Zope-dev] Re: AW: buildout 'versions' and 'develop' conflict

Roger Ineichen dev at projekt01.ch
Tue Feb 26 02:42:40 EST 2008

Hi Martijn

> Betreff: [Zope-dev] Re: AW: buildout 'versions' and 'develop' conflict

[...]

> If people like the current semantics of 'develop' to be "just
> list it on the path", then I propose *another* entry in
> [buildout] that *does* these semantics:
>
> [buildout]
> really_develop =
>
> I'm open to other names. :)

hehe,

This shows exactly how useless a develop argument right now
could be. I'm pretty sure there must be something which
I miss or don't understand.

probably we could use "override=" instead of "develop=".
Then override is what does not happen right now if there
is a version involved. Override has similar meanings in ZCML
allready.

Regards
Roger Ineichen