[Zope-dev] Re: AW: buildout 'versions' and 'develop' conflict

Martijn Faassen faassen at startifact.com
Mon Feb 25 17:13:39 EST 2008

Hey,

Roger Ineichen wrote:
[snip]
> I'm fine with version over develop. It's just another thing
> you have to know for sucessfull development. I guess my brain has some
> little space for remember such tweaks in buildout ;-)

I'll accept it, but I'm not very happy. It's really an excellent way to
get beginners to be very confused, and it's non-trivial for them to
figure out what is really going on.

If people like the current semantics of 'develop' to be "just list it on
the path", then I propose *another* entry in [buildout] that *does*
these semantics:

[buildout]
really_develop =

I'm open to other names. :)

The semantics are that it will list the package on 'develop' and add a
"package_name = " line to the [versions] section.

Regards,

Martijn