[Zope-dev] Re: No events in zope.annotation

Fred Drake fdrake at gmail.com
Wed Jul 16 11:46:00 EDT 2008

On Wed, Jul 16, 2008 at 11:33 AM, Roger Ineichen <dev at projekt01.ch> wrote:
> Even worse, I store objects in the annotation wich are added to
> a real IContainer as items somewhere else. This objects are created,
> added etc. already in the other container and provide locations
> from there.

Only the factory should generate object created events; it sounds like
you're not using that.

The added/replaced/removed events should not be the containment events
at all, though making them object events should be acceptable.

I don't see any need for a way to suppress them, since they shouldn't
trigger any subscribers for the normal containment events.

 -Fred

--
Fred L. Drake, Jr. <fdrake at gmail.com>