[Zope-dev] Re: No events in zope.annotation

Fred Drake fdrake at gmail.com
Wed Jul 16 13:16:20 EDT 2008

On Wed, Jul 16, 2008 at 11:46 AM, Fred Drake <fdrake at gmail.com> wrote:
> I don't see any need for a way to suppress them, since they shouldn't
> trigger any subscribers for the normal containment events.

Based on some discussion here, I realize that my position may not be
terribly clear.  Just to make myself clear:

- Do what you want with the factory; I don't want it used (directly or
indirectly) from the ZC codebase (not that I get to set policy or
anything).

- I think it's reasonable for an IAnnotations provider to generate
annotations-related events for add/replace/remove operations.

- I see no reason that the default IAnnotations implementations
generate events; we want to avoid firing events all over the place
just so we can ignore them.

The last, in particular, needed to be stated explicitly.

 -Fred

--
Fred L. Drake, Jr. <fdrake at gmail.com>