[Zope-dev] Re: New i18n locale extraction concept

Hanno Schlichting plone at hannosch.info
Thu May 1 04:11:54 EDT 2008

Hi.

Roger Ineichen wrote:
> I added a new package for extract i18n locales
> and I have some questions.
>
> Is it posible to split the zope.app.locales
> package into a package which offers the
> interfaces and classes e.g. PotMaker,
> the generic extract.py file and another one
> which provides the translation for zope.app?

+1, right now I copied over the extract.py and interfaces.py to my
i18ndude package, to avoid the zope.app dependency. The remaining
dependencies on zope.i18n/messageid and zope.tal are perfectly
reasonable IMO.

I also had to make some adjustment where the code wheren't flexible
enough, which I would like to merge back into the main line or the new
package.

I'm not good with names, but something like zope.i18nextract would work
for me.

Hanno