[Zope-dev] Re: New i18n locale extraction concept

Christian Zagrodnick cz at gocept.com
Thu May 1 05:27:07 EDT 2008

On 2008-05-01 02:06:17 +0200, "Roger Ineichen" <dev at projekt01.ch> said:

> What does this mean?
> The locale extraction is now a part of a recipe
> and not a part of a package itself.
>
> My goal is to remove the dependencies in the
> z3c.recipe.i18n, because right now it uses the
> base implementation in zope.app.locales which makes
> it depend on the hole zope namepsace. Because of
> the overall zope.* dependenc in zope.app.locale.

Actually, there is lovely.receipe:i18n which provides i18n extraction.
Does z3c.recipe.i18n something else or why is there yet another i18n
recipe?

> The best option whould be to split zope.app.locales
> into usefull packages. The not so good optipon whould
> be to copy over the relevant classes and scripts to
> the recipe and skip the dependency to zope.app.locale.
>
> I also started to use the recipe in z3c.locales
> and zam.locales. Take a look at this package for
> a real usecase.
>
> What do you think? Should we switch the locale extraction
> to that concept for the zope.* packages too or not?

Exctaction should be in a recipe, of course. But I'm also advocating
for having the translations in the package and having one domain per
package. `

--
Christian Zagrodnick

gocept gmbh & co. kg  ·  forsterstrasse 29 · 06112 halle/saale
www.gocept.com · fon. +49 345 12298894 · fax. +49 345 12298891