[Zope-dev] Re: AW: Annoying: Download error: unknown url type: svn -- Some packages may not be found!

Radim Novotny novotny.radim at gmail.com
Wed May 7 02:10:27 EDT 2008

Roger Ineichen napsal(a):
> Hi David
>
>> Betreff: [Zope-dev] Annoying: Download error: unknown url
>> type: svn -- Some packages may not be found!
>>
>> Which package is emitting the Download error: unknown url
>> type: svn -- Some packages may not be found! Its quite
>> annoying and I have been seeing it crop up in a few builds.
>> Anyone else seeing this. Many thanks.
>
> I see this too. Try the buildout debug option, probably this
> will you give a better output.

I have got the same error today. buildout -vvvv was not sufficient so I
added print output to setuptools/package_index.py and discovered this
message is caused by z3c.form:

Getting required 'z3c.form'
   required by plone.z3cform 0.1b2.
Reading  http://pypi.python.org/simple/z3c.form/
Reading  svn://svn.zope.org/repos/main/z3c.form
Download error: unknown url type: svn -- Some packages may not be found!
Reading  http://svn.zope.org/z3c.form
We have the best distribution that satisfies 'z3c.form'.
Adding find link 'http://download.zope.org/distribution' from z3c.form 1.8.2
Picked: z3c.form = 1.8.2

--
Radim Novotny