[Zope-dev] Re: i18nmessageid has a broken link

Maurits van Rees m.van.rees at zestsoftware.nl
Fri May 9 05:14:39 EDT 2008

Sebastian Wehrmann, on 2008-05-09:
> Tim Terlegard schrieb:
>> On May 9, 2008, at 9:37 AM, Sebastian Wehrmann wrote:
>
>> Why do you need this linux specific egg anyway?
>
> I don't need this egg, my buildout is always requesting it instead of
> the source package.

For the record, my understanding is that this would never have worked
on Mac, only on Linux.  Not sure about Windows.

> I only wanted to ask if someone could please remove the broken link from
> the download.zope page so that everyone (including me) who indexed his
> buildout.cfg with the zope3.4 index will get the source package of
> zope.i18nmessageid instead of the egg (which does not exist anymore).

So this page needs to be changed so it only points to the tarball:

http://download.zope.org/zope3.4/zope.i18nmessageid/

Is someone able to do that?

Without having tried pure Zope 3, only Grok --- I have been working on
grokproject during the Grokkerdam sprint --- the following in
buildout.cfg should work just as well:

find-links = http://download.zope.org/distribution/
extends = http://download.zope.org/zope3.4/versions.cfg
versions = versions

The find-links is needed because it has some package versions that
were never released on the cheese shop.  The versions.cfg defines
which versions are actually used.

            Work | http://zestsoftware.nl/