[Zope-dev] working with SUF

Chris Withers chris at simplistix.co.uk
Fri Nov 21 10:14:15 EST 2008

You're on the wrong list, you want zope at zope.org as detailed on the
product's page at simplistix.co.uk

> I am looking at how to use SimpleUserFolder to simulate users in
> zope.Since I don't need to add/edit users in zope,I only added the
> getUserDetails in the contents tab inside acl_user as per the readme
> .The problem is I can't import anything in a python script and I have

If you need to get users from a relational database, use a ZSQL method,
otherwise use an External Method if you need stuff not available in
python scripts.

> all my user details in an external zodb(/tmp/data.fs))

Huh? What on earth are you doing?

> Also,I read in the readme about subclassing the SUF class.Where do I
> need to subclass.Can I do that in a product that I have written and
> installed in the same folder?How would SUF know that I have subclassed
> it inside a product ?

I'd suggest you don't want to be doing this.

> I have to admit that I'm completelty new to zope(2.9 here on debian etch)

...and that's why you don't use OS-packaged versions of Zope. The
current version is 2.11, install it from source.

cheers,

Chris

            - http://www.simplistix.co.uk