[Zope-dev] Interface for renderable component

Stephan Richter srichter at cosmos.phy.tufts.edu
Tue Sep 16 13:27:13 EDT 2008

On Tuesday 16 September 2008, Malthe Borch wrote:
> 2008/9/16 Stephan Richter <srichter at cosmos.phy.tufts.edu>:
> > Yeah, I like that. This is the right package, since it defines high-level
> > patterns without any heavy implementations.
>
> Unfortunately, ``zope.contentprovider`` relies on ``zope.tales``
> because it implements a TALES expression and somehow, this package
> pulls in zope.app.*-packages.

Darn. Let me think about that. I guess a new package to collect our
community-agreed high-level UI patterns would be good then.

From my point of view, it should include the following patterns:

* update/render

* generic IRenderer API (based on update/render!)

* Probably the concept of content providers

The package should probably live int he zope.* namespace.

Anything else?

> I think we should work to never have zope.*-packages depend on
> zope.app.* ––– and perhaps declare a truce on minimizing dependencies
> within the zope.* group of packages (it seems very difficult).

I agree.

Regards,
Stephan
--