[Zope-dev] who wants to maintain Zope 3?

Martijn Faassen faassen at startifact.com
Tue Apr 14 11:53:31 EDT 2009

Hey,

Baiju M wrote:
[snip]
> Does Zope Tookit support building a web application out of the box
> without relying on Grok, Zope 2 or any other framework ?
> (I am Ok to use a Buildout for building application from
>  Zope Toolkit packages)

This is a very good question. My answer is "no, it doesn't". It might
support tools to help construct such "out of the box" experiences, but
it won't be something you can install and just get started with unless
you really want to roll your own framework.

> If the answer to this question is "No", then I am interested to maintain
> the packages necessary to create a simple application out of the box.
> This is just an academic interest :)

Great!

We should definitely have Zope 2 and Plone and Grok and Zope 3 work
together and share experience. I have the feeling each project is
working isolated from each other now, and with Grok we're moving to
paste and I just have the feeling we're inventing some of our own wheels
that could be shared, or alternatively that we shouldn't be doing that
way. Currently for instance we generate "debug.ini" and such and put
them in "parts" as they have hardcoded path names. That can't be right...

Regards,

Martijn