[Zope-dev] who wants to maintain Zope 3?

Lennart Regebro regebro at gmail.com
Wed Apr 15 11:10:38 EDT 2009

On Tue, Apr 14, 2009 at 16:46, Jim Fulton <jim at zope.com> wrote:
> Many people have said they're using the Zope 3 app server, where app
> server is the collection of components used to run applications using
> Zope 3 components.
>
> What no one is interested in is the *application* that was distributed
> in the Zope 3 distribution.
[...]
> What definition of "app server" are we using?
>
> What the heck is the "Zope Toolkit"?  Is there a page somewhere that
> defines what it is?  I thought Zope 3 was being renamed "Zope
> Toolkit", but given recent discussions, I'm not sure.

Just the fact that this confusion of terminology, and that nobody
means the same thing with "Zope 3" is in itself a strong indicator
that Zope 3 should die. That may only mean the *name* Zope 3. It
apparently means nothing an everything, and is still causing
confusion.

Stephan Richter has says he is willing to maintain Zope 3, whatever he
means with that. :-) I think that's great. But I think it would be a
good thing if it is renamed. To what should reasonably be up to
Stephan.

http://regebro.wordpress.com/
+33 661 58 14 64