[Zope-dev] People in the "Zope 3" and "ZMI" teams

Roger Ineichen dev at projekt01.ch
Sun Apr 19 03:46:12 EDT 2009

Hi

> Betreff: Re: [Zope-dev] People in the "Zope 3" and "ZMI" teams
>
> Hi,
>
> I just start working on maintaining ZMI and make it optional package.
> For now, it is easy to participate, just porting zope.app.*
> (I already list up targets as directories in zmi.core) and
> make sure that existing tests succeeds.

Can you tell a little bit about what you mean with tests succeed?
Should the test in the existing package succeed? But this whould
mean that the old packages we move the zmi parts from needs to depend
on the new zmi.core package.

Should the old zope.app.* package depend on the new zmi.core package?
(I think not)

Or should we break BBB and let people know that they have to install
zmi.core for zmi support? (I think so)

If so, then the test should succeed in the new zmi.core packages, right?

Can you write down some comment how we sould do the refactoring
like:

- move the zmi part from a zope.app.* package to
  the new zmi.core.* package.

- make sure the test pass in both packages. The zmi
  test should all get moved to the new zmi.core.* package
  Probably enhance the tests since the zmi part was not very
  well tested.

- release the zmi.core package after each package move
  or at least before the zope.app.* package get released

- bump up the zope.app.* package version (full not partial)
  e.g. 3.5.1 to 3.6.0

Not sure if the above is correct. Please change if not.
It is at least only correct if we break BBB and move the zmi
completly out of all zope.app packages to zmi.core.

And probably we should also implement a testing layer setup
which all test in zmi.core can share/use.

Regards
Roger Ineichen