[Zope-dev] Defining Zope 3.

Lennart Regebro regebro at gmail.com
Sun Apr 19 05:00:30 EDT 2009

On Sun, Apr 19, 2009 at 04:43, Stephan Richter
<srichter at cosmos.phy.tufts.edu> wrote:
> On Thursday 16 April 2009, Tres Seaver wrote:
>> I would rather that we stop pushing the "Zope 3" brand now,
>
> I would rather keep the name Zope 3.

That's too bad, as it means that after all this discussion were are
back to status quo on the branding situation: Complete and utter
confusion. Except possibly that we now with the toolkit are in an even
worse position, as it is evident from this thread that we get
confusion not only between Zope 2 and Zope 3, Zope and Zope corp, but
also between Zope 3 and the Zope Toolkit.

If we keep the name Zope 3, we are still in that confused situation.
It will make it hard to get more people to use the Zope technologies,
no matter which variant we are talking about.

Obviously, as the Zope 3 release manager it is ultimately up to you do
decide what you call the releases, but I thought I would just do this
last pleading for getting us out of the branding swamp we are in.

http://regebro.wordpress.com/
+33 661 58 14 64