[Zope-dev] Defining Zope 3.

Jonathan (dev101) dev101 at magma.ca
Sun Apr 19 09:02:03 EDT 2009

How about starting with "Zope 3 Toolkit" and then moving to "Zope Toolkit"
after a year or so.

This "evolutionary" approach may address some of the issues that have been
raised:

- there would be no sudden disappearance of "Zope 3", eliminating the idea
that  the "Zope 3" concept is an evolutionary dead-end

- it would use the "Zope 3" brand to introduce the concept of  the "Toolkit"

This approach is used in the retail industry whenever a brand is being
repositioned and the brand owner wants to move as many "customers" as
possible to the new brand. It retains the value/goodwill associated with the
old brand while building value/goodwill for the new brand.

Jonathan