[Zope-dev] Proposal: set __parent__ and __name__ in Zope 2.12 OFS

Hanno Schlichting hannosch at hannosch.eu
Mon Apr 27 11:31:37 EDT 2009

Chris Withers wrote:
> I'm also about -sys.maxint on these changes for Zope 2.12 as I'd like to
> see 2.12 out the door as soon as possible.

Then we have a conflict of interest. My main goal for Zope 2.12 is to be
based on the Zope Toolkit 1.0 release and loose quite some more stuff.

That in itself is going to take quite some more months to get to I'd
assume. In the current situation Zope2 is based on some undefined mix of
packages which none of the others projects share. To share actual
maintenance cost between the different communities we need to get some
stable basis with a somewhat defined scope back.

Hanno