[Zope-dev] Proposal: set __parent__ and __name__ in Zope 2.12 OFS

Chris Withers chris at simplistix.co.uk
Wed Apr 29 09:28:53 EDT 2009

Hanno Schlichting wrote:
> Chris Withers wrote:
>> I'm also about -sys.maxint on these changes for Zope 2.12 as I'd like to
>> see 2.12 out the door as soon as possible.
>
> Then we have a conflict of interest. My main goal for Zope 2.12 is to be
> based on the Zope Toolkit 1.0 release and loose quite some more stuff.

My understanding is that the big drive for Zope 2.12 was to get it
egg-based. That is now done, so lets get it out the door.

I think Zope 2.13 would be an excellent target for moving to ZTK 1.0.
There's no reason Zope 2.13 shouldn't follow as quickly after 2.12 as it
is able, but I also see no reason to hold up 2.12 waiting for something
which has no defined end point.

cheers,

Chris

            - http://www.simplistix.co.uk