[Zope-dev] Planning for Zope 3.5

Stephan Richter srichter at cosmos.phy.tufts.edu
Sun Feb 1 01:51:43 EST 2009

Hi all,

now that we have Zope 3.4.0 finally behind us, let's look forward. As I said
in the release notes, I am really willing to switch to a 6 months release
cycle again.

I think there are three areas that we can work on:

- Python 2.6 support.

I think this should be straight forward. We have to update packages to not use
Python 2.6 keywords and review the AST changes.

- Dependency reduction.

Well, we are in the middle of this work already.

- Improve project setup

As Shane pointed out, it is hard to get started. The solution could be a
combination of documentation and tools, like zopeproject.

I am going to setup a Zope 3.5 development KGS shortly. Jim has already
created the directory for me on the server.

Thoughts?

Regards,
Stephan
--