[Zope-dev] plone.reload was: Re: refactoring site functionality

Hanno Schlichting hannosch at hannosch.eu
Mon Jun 1 13:40:10 EDT 2009

Stephan Richter wrote:
> On Thursday 28 May 2009, Roger Ineichen wrote:
>> btw, you are pointing to a good direction. Didn't we talk
>> about reload global configuration during runtime years ago?
>
> BTW, plone.reload looks really promising.

For all I know plone.reload works and people use it during daily
development including myself. The code reloading part has some
limitations, like not dealing with properties / decorated methods, but
the ZCML part should just work (tm).

It's currently a bit Zope 2 specific, but the general pattern as seen in
http://dev.plone.org/plone/browser/plone.reload/trunk/plone/reload/zcml.py
should be easy to adopt to non-Zope 2. It makes some assumptions like
zope.testing.cleanup functions to be available for all secondary
registries populated by ZCML handlers.

Hanno