[Zope-dev] plone.reload was: Re: refactoring site functionality

Maurits van Rees m.van.rees at zestsoftware.nl
Tue Jun 2 04:12:07 EDT 2009

Hanno Schlichting, on 2009-06-01:
> Stephan Richter wrote:
>> On Thursday 28 May 2009, Roger Ineichen wrote:
>>> btw, you are pointing to a good direction. Didn't we talk
>>> about reload global configuration during runtime years ago?
>>
>> BTW, plone.reload looks really promising.
>
> For all I know plone.reload works and people use it during daily
> development including myself. The code reloading part has some
> limitations, like not dealing with properties / decorated methods, but
> the ZCML part should just work (tm).

Confirmed, I use it daily with great delight, so thanks for creating
it!

Some things indeed do not work, for example I usually get errors when
trying to reload code in plone portlets.  When errors like that occur,
or I notice some other problem that might be cuased by bad reloading,
I do not even think about it but first restart Zope to see if the
error is still there.

For a small zope 3 or grok application the startup is already small
though, so it may not be useful there.

Cheers,

            Work | http://zestsoftware.nl/