[Zope-dev] buildbots

Sebastien Douche sdouche at gmail.com
Tue Jun 16 08:15:11 EDT 2009

On Tue, Jun 16, 2009 at 08:00, Wolfgang Schnerring <ws at gocept.com> wrote:

> Hello,

Hi Wolfgang

> http://zope3.pov.lt/buildbot/waterfall
> http://zope3.afpy.org/buildbot/waterfall
> http://zope.buildbot.securactive.org/waterfall
> (the ZTK docs mention only the first two. Why?)

Because nobody had this server on the list ;).

> What I couldn't quite figure out, however is: what, exactly, do these
> buildbots test?

The steps :

1. checkout svn://svn.zope.org/repos/main/zope.release/trunk",
2. Display Last Change
3. [python, "/usr/bin/virtualenv", "--no-site-packages", "sandbox"],
4. ["sandbox/bin/python", "bootstrap.py"],
5. ["bin/buildout"],
6. ["bin/generate-buildout"],
7.  cd test && buildout"
8. [bin/test", "-v", "-1", "--exit-with-status"]))

> I imagine one very useful scenario (don't know if there are others),
> and that would be for each package X in the (still to be determined?)
> list of ZTK packages, take its trunk (whenever that is updated) and
> the trunks of all packages it depends on (only if those are ZTK add this scenario?
> packages, of course, else use the according released version), and run
> X's tests.
>
> Is this covered by one of these buildbot installations?

I don't think so. BTW, not on my server.

> If not, is there something I could do to help make that come true?

I can't make this for all packages on SVN ; so what are the packages
that you want?

--
Sebastien Douche <sdouche at gmail.com>