[Zope-dev] the Zope Framework project

Paul Everitt paul at agendaless.com
Tue Mar 3 08:18:30 EST 2009

On 3/2/09 10:13 PM, Martin Aspeli wrote:
> We recognised that there was a problem in trying to make sure we
> represented the interests of various stakeholders, and that we needed
> someone to think "big picture" in terms of what technologies we adopted
> and how we used them.

Just to be clear, I believe the Plone framework team has specifically
disavowed management of Plone's "strategy".  Meaning, they approve PLIPs
on a release-to-release basis.  They don't make edicts like "replace
Archetypes".

This was the vacuum that the "strategic planning summit" advertised
itself as addressing.

I think this clarification is informative to Martijn's discussion.

--Paul